Essentials for preparing for camp
This helpful camp packing list for children was compiled by the team at Labels4Kids to make your life easier:
* Sleeping bag
* Roll mat for comfort on hard ground
* A small pillow for comfort - inflatable is good when packing space is limited
* Flashlight or head torch with a pack of extra batteries
* Long trousers, shorts, sweatshirts, t-shirts, thermal under tops and fleeces
* Swimming shorts or swimsuit
* Water shoes or old trainers for water based activities.
* Warm jacket or waterproof jacket, depending on the weather
* Plenty of socks .Thermal/walking socks are good. A few Elastoplasts in case of blisters!
* Trainers and walking boots/ Wellingtons for wet weather.
* Warm hat/sun hat with a brim to cover protect the face and eyes
* Microfibre Towel(highly absorbent and dries quickly) and face cloth
* Sunglasses with UVA and UVB protection
* Toileteries - soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, comb or brush, shower gel. Flip flops for the shower
* Suncream and Chapstick for lip protection with high SPF's and Insect repellent
* If your child is a light sleeper then earpugs can come in handy
* Drink bottle
* Day back pack
* Travel tissues
* Wet wipes
* Disposable camera - label to make sure it is returned to the correct owner if lost
* A diary or a notebook plus some pencils
* Rucksack - a woven luggage strap is good if going on a large camp or an overseas camp.Personalised bag tag to identify the Rucksack
* Prescription glasses if your child wears them in a protective cover
* Medication to give to camp leader packed in a zip seal plastic bag clearly labelled with child's name and a sheet detailing the medication instructions
* Snacks or sweets for the tent or hut if the camp allows these.
Also take a look at our helpful Camping Labels Pack.