Essentials for preparing for camp
- Sleeping bag;
- Roll mat for comfort on hard ground
- A small pillow for comfort - inflatable is good when packing space is limited
- Flashlight or head torch with a pack of extra batteries
- Long trousers, shorts, sweatshirts, t-shirts, thermal under tops and fleeces
- Swimming shorts or swimsuit
- Water shoes or old trainers for water based activities.
- Warm jacket or waterproof jacket, depending on the weather
- Plenty of socks .Thermal/walking socks are good. A few Elastoplasts in case of blisters!
- Trainers and walking boots/ Wellingtons for wet weather.
- Warm hat/sun hat with a brim to cover protect the face and eyes
- Microfibre Towel(highly absorbent and dries quickly) and face cloth
- Sunglasses with UVA and UVB protection
- Toileteries - soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, comb or brush, shower gel. Flip flops for the shower
- Suncream and Chapstick for lip protection with high SPF's and Insect repellent
- If your child is a light sleeper then earpugs can come in handy
- Drink bottle
- Day back pack
- Travel tissues
- Wet wipes
- Disposable camera - label to make sure it is returned to the correct owner if lost
- A diary or a notebook plus some pencils
- Rucksack - a woven luggage strap is good if going on a large camp or an overseas camp.Personalised bag tag to identify the Rucksack
- Prescription glasses if your child wears them in a protective cover
- Medication to give to camp leader packed in a zip seal plastic bag clearly labelled with child's name and a sheet detailing the medication instructions
- Snacks or sweets for the tent or hut if the camp allows these.
Also take a look at our helpful Camping Labels Pack.